Countdown to Christmas – Volunteers and help still required please!
Countdown to Christmas is a fun, family event on Sunday 3rd December at St. Ouen’s Parish Church. It’s a popular and busy activity morning!
Items still needed
· Foliage: If you are planning to bring us some foliage in the week leading up to the event, please could you let us know so we know how much to expect. We will provide buckets in the porch for you to put it in.
· Tuna fish tins: Although we are doing well with tuna fish tins, we still need more! Please bring them to the collection point in the Parish Church. Perhaps you could ask your friends/family to collect some also.
· Buttons: Please look out any old buttons and bring them to the collection point in the Parish Church.
· Breakfast items: We still need promises of more bread/french sticks, and if you would like to donate fruit items (satsumas, small bananas) that would be fantastic. We also need a couple of jars of jam, so if you have any jam you would like to donate that would be wonderful.
· “Random prize.” Each year we give out a prize at random, and this year’s prize is going to be bigger than usual as it is a family gift. If you are not able to help on the day but would be willing to contribute financially to this gift we would be very grateful. Please speak to Caroline or Emily if you would like to do this.
Help still needed
· We need 4 helpers for the kitchen, serving drinks and breakfast. You would be on duty for half the morning.
· We need at least 2 more helpers for the candle arrangement craft. This is our most popular craft, so you will be busy, but it will be great fun. Guidance provided!
· We could also do with a couple more people to help with preparing the craft items.
· Finally, would you be willing to come on Saturday morning, 2nd December, (9am for about 90 minutes) to help prepare the “mechanics” for the foliage craft items – this would involve soaking Oasis foam and fixing it into the tuna tins, or trimming and bunching up foliage. This Saturday morning in the past has been a great time of fellowship as there is plenty of opportunity to chat as we work!
If you are not able to help out on the day, please pray for the event on Sunday 3rd December at 9:30am, that as we welcome many families who do not usually come into church, all would feel welcome and that God’s presence would be felt.