Applications for this Job are now closed
However, if you feel you may be able to help the church in any way, and/or are interested in aspects of the role, please get in touch. There has been a lot of interest in this position, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee a paid position (unless in exceptional circumstances), but we have volunteer roles available, and further possibilities may/may not arise in the future.
JOB VACANCY: Children, Youth & Families Missioner
St. Ouen’s Parish Church with St. George
Salary £32,175 + relocation package | 37.5 hours per week
The Parish Church of St. Ouen is one of twelve Ancient Parish Churches in the Island of Jersey. We are praying for someone who is both a committed Christian and passionate about developing faith in Jesus in children and youth. The role will build upon the success of the previous post holder, and will involve leading and developing our current Children’s, Youth and Families activities, based both in the church community and to those outside our church.
Key responsibilities will include the ability:
- To encourage the children, youth and families in our church community to grow to maturity in their faith and ensure they are integrated into our Church’s life.
- To manage and support a team of volunteers who deliver alongside yourself the childrens’ and youth activities on a Sunday, as well as releasing volunteers into mission focused activities amongst children and families.
- To co-lead and organise discipleship, social and outreach events for children, youth and families in the Church.
- To manage our partnership and develop our activities with the local school.
- To do the work of an evangelist amongst children, youth and their families not yet engaged in a local church community.
The role will be adapted obviously to our new situation during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Social media, technical knowledge and computer skills a bonus (but certainly not essential and lack of these skills would not be an issue.)
The closing date for application is Sunday 26th April. You can view or download a pdf of the job description here:
If you feel called to this full-time role, please contact Revd. Ian Pallent or the Church Office:
Telephone Revd. Ian Pallent: (01534) 481800
email Revd. Ian Pallent: firstname.lastname@example.org
email Office: email@example.com
In addition, if you wish to be considered for some aspects of this role, (or possibly on a part-time or job share basis) we would also be interested in hearing from you.
Please share this page with anyone you think may be interested, either in Jersey or the UK.
Tel: Revd. Ian Pallent: (01534) 481800